Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sixwest

Default Date Conversion Problem

I'm attempting to set up a spreadsheet that keeps track of pending cases
where a RECEIVED DATE is posted causing a DUE DATE to automatically propagate.

I have no problem setting up the pending formula (something like "A1 + 30")
but rather in the conditional formatting: I want the DUE DATE cell to format
to red when that date is past due (something like "IF < TODAY()"). The
problem is then in those cells that don't have a RECEIVED DATE yet (blank).
The DUE DATE column will automatically "go to red" since Excel reads a blank
cell as "zero" and computes that day as "thirty" which is less than today's
date.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--
6-West
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Franz Verga

Nel post
*sixwest* ha scritto:

I'm attempting to set up a spreadsheet that keeps track of pending
cases where a RECEIVED DATE is posted causing a DUE DATE to
automatically propagate.

I have no problem setting up the pending formula (something like "A1
+ 30") but rather in the conditional formatting: I want the DUE DATE
cell to format to red when that date is past due (something like "IF
< TODAY()"). The problem is then in those cells that don't have a
RECEIVED DATE yet (blank). The DUE DATE column will automatically "go
to red" since Excel reads a blank cell as "zero" and computes that
day as "thirty" which is less than today's date.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Please post the formula tou use in conditional formatting

--
(I'm not sure of names of menues, option and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy