Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Luke

Default Date is being changed to a number (problem)

I have 4 columns of data which I want to add together to make one column of
data. 3 of the columns are text and one is a date.

The formula I have used is..

="text here "&C21&" more words here "&D21&","&" client ID "&E21&" went to
"&F21

so it reads text as a sentence. The problem is that "&F21 is a date, and it
displays it as a number, not a date. The formatting doesnt get carried
across.

The formatting of both columns are formated as dates.

Can anyone help to make it display as a real date in the forumla column?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten

&TEXT(F21,"dd mmm yyyy") or another formatting string

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten