Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sixwest

Default Date Conversion Problem

I'm attempting to set up a spreadsheet that keeps track of pending cases
where a RECEIVED DATE is posted causing a DUE DATE to automatically propagate.

I have no problem setting up the pending formula (something like "A1 + 30")
but rather in the conditional formatting: I want the DUE DATE cell to format
to red when that date is past due (something like "IF < TODAY()"). The
problem is then in those cells that don't have a RECEIVED DATE yet (blank).
The DUE DATE column will automatically "go to red" since Excel reads a blank
cell as "zero" and computes that day as "thirty" which is less than today's
date.

Any ideas?

Thanks
--