Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Basia

Default Checkbox functionality

I have created a worksheet that includes checkboxes and am having
trouble getting the functionality I need implemented.

In column A, the user will enter a number.
In column B, I've created checkboxes using the Forms toolbar. The
checkboxes are linked to cells in column B.

I want the checkboxes to be controlled one of two ways:
1) The user can check or uncheck the checkboxes in Column B directly.
2) OR, the checkboxes get checked/unchecked based on what is entered in
column A. For example:
--If the user enters 0 in cell A1, the checkbox in cell B1 should
uncheck.
-- If the user enters a number greater than 0, the check box should
get checked.

I can get the checkbox to check/uncheck based on what's entered in
column A by entering this function in column B: =IF(A1=0, FALSE, TRUE)

But if the user checks/unchecks the checkbox directly, then this
function is wiped out (and replaced with just TRUE or FALSE) and it no
longer works.

Is there some way for me to implement both things, without using a
macro?

Any help would be appreciated-
Thanks
Basia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Just link the checkbox to the cell in A1.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Basia" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Basia

But in cell A1, the user will be entering a number. As soon as they
enter the number, the output from the checkbox will be deleted.

Bob Phillips wrote:

Just link the checkbox to the cell in A1.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

oups.com...