Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
balcovja

Default Page printing and checkbox protection

I have two questions:

1.
I have a sheet. All the contents of this sheet fit to one page, but
when I hit print preview, i still have two pages in queue to print ...
Second is white ... How can I get rid of this white page?

2.
I have a check box on my sheet. I want to check the checkbox and
afterwards, I want to secure this checkbox, so only certain people can
uncheck this checkbox) Is it possible?

Thx in advance for your help

--
balcovja
balcovja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26239

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

#1.
Try changing the print area. File|Print Area
or
Try resetting the last used cell.
Debra Dalgleish shows techniques:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

#2.
You could have a macro that asks for a password when they try to change the
button.

I put a checkbox from the Forms toolbar on a worksheet. I assigned it this
macro:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim CBX As CheckBox
Dim PWD As String

Set CBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller)

PWD = InputBox(Prompt:="Validation code?")
If PWD < "hi" Then
If CBX.Value = xlOn Then
CBX.Value = xlOff
Else
CBX.Value = xlOn

It actually allows the user to change the checkbox (to fire the macro), but if
the code isn't correct, it changes it back.