Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gem58

Default Monthly Accruals

Each month I enter OT accruals, Holiday, etc for each employee. I make a
copy of the Master List with all the formulas and names each month and then
enter the information for that month. Is there an easier way of doing this so
I can just input new amounts every month without making a copy of the Master
List? (Each worksheet is linked to the previous month so we have a running
total, but I have to link them to the Master List)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach

It's not clear what you want. Is the "Master List" a sheet name?
You say "...just input new amounts every month without making a copy of the
Master List?"
Where do you want to enter these "new amounts"? Into the Master List sheet?
That presupposes that the information previously entered into the Master
List sheet will be transferred to some place else, or lost.
Are my questions making any sense or am I just missing something?
Generally, anything you do repetitively Excel can do for you. Please post
back with a clearer explanation of what you have and what you would like to
have. HTH Otto
"gem58" wrote in message
Each month I enter OT accruals, Holiday, etc for each employee. I make a
copy of the Master List with all the formulas and names each month and
then
enter the information for that month. Is there an easier way of doing this
so
I can just input new amounts every month without making a copy of the
Master
List? (Each worksheet is linked to the previous month so we have a
running
total, but I have to link them to the Master List)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
gem58

The Master Worksheet is a name. In this "Master List" I have calculations
for Overtime, Holiday Accruals (e.i. Smith gets 2.33 days vacation per month,
1.5 hours for OT and sick time at 1.25 hrs per month) Because those accruals
don't change every month I just copy it to another worksheet every month and
create a new name e.i. June 2006 and link the worksheets to the total
accruals at the end of the previous month i.e. May 2006. (Nothing is linked
to the "Master List" I just use it as a template.)

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

It's not clear what you want. Is the "Master List" a sheet name?
You say "...just input new amounts every month without making a copy of the
Master List?"
Where do you want to enter these "new amounts"? Into the Master List sheet?
That presupposes that the information previously entered into the Master
List sheet will be transferred to some place else, or lost.
"gem58" wrote in message
Each month I enter OT accruals, Holiday, etc for each employee. I make a
copy of the Master List with all the formulas and names each month and
then
enter the information for that month. Is there an easier way of doing this
so
I can just input new amounts every month without making a copy of the
Master
List? (Each worksheet is linked to the previous month so we have a
running
total, but I have to link them to the Master List)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
odysseyoflife

hello,

You can define a seperate area for data input for monthly accruals (
one col for each month) and then use INDEX function to pick data from
there into a pre defined report format.

Hope it'll work

regards

O.