need help

Default Updating links monthly...

OK, so I've searched the FAQ's and couldn't find an answer to my
problem...please help if you can!

I have a spreadsheet that contains monthly (JAN-DEC) values for
expenses from our multiple regional offices, with a monthly total for
the account. There is also a summary sheet that links to this main
spreadsheet. The summary sheet just shows the total for the current
month vs. the total for the previous month per region. Every month I
must update the main spreadsheet with totals, then update the summary
spreadsheet to show the new current month (Example, last month, the
spreadsheet showed August vs. July, this months spreadsheet shows
September vs. August, next months will show October vs. September,
etc). Which leads to my question:

Is there a function I can use so I can just enter, say, "September
2005" somewhere on the summary sheet and then the summary sheet will
know to grab the September totals from the main spreadsheet??

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

--
need help