Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GregP1962

Default Protecting cells

Back in the good old days, when we had lotus, we could simply protect
cells. Why doesn't Excel tell us how to protect cells? Why is it not
simple? How do you do it?

--
GregP1962
GregP1962's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33063

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

By default, all cells are locked. When you protect the worksheet
(Tools menu), all cells will be protected. To protect only some
cells, first select all cells (click the gray box above the
column header and to the left of the row headers), go to the
Format menu, choose Cells, then the Protection tab. There,
uncheck the locked checkbox. The select the cells you wish to
protect, go back to the Protection tab and check the Locked
property. Then, protect the worksheet.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"GregP1962"
wrote in
message

Back in the good old days, when we had lotus, we could simply
protect
cells. Why doesn't Excel tell us how to protect cells? Why is
it not
simple? How do you do it?

--
GregP1962
GregP1962's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo

hi, you can protect the full spreadsheet. but you can also select all cells,
unblock all of then, and block the cells that you want, after protect the
worksheet, you just protected the cells that you block.

regards