Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phil2006

Default Auto fill

When you copy a formula from cell to cell is there a way in which you
can keep the formula identical. I.e. When you copy a formula from cell
a1 to a2 any other cell references increase proportionately. Can I stop
this?

Thanks very much

Phil

--
phil2006
phil2006's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35092

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zygan

you can lock the formula by adding dollar signs e.g
=a1+a2
if you move it it will change

=$a$1 + $a$2

will lock the formula

if you add only a $ in front of the column e.g $a1 then it will lock
the column only vice versa

good luck

--
Zygan
Zygan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34423

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
phil2006

Just what I needed! Thankyou!

--
phil2006
phil2006's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35092
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549407

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW

Hi Phil,

As well if you click on the cell reference in the formula bar and hit
the F4 key it will put the dollar signs in for you. Keep hitting F4
and it will cycle through the 4 options, e.g. $A$1, $A1, A$1 + A1

HTH
Martin