Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto Fill with some references locked

Hi!

If I like to create a document that looks like the following where I
like to see all combinations of prices and monthly fees. (This is a
simple example)

I want to use the Auto Fill function, but I want to lock some
references. If I use Auto Fill on B2 and downwards, I don't get A2+C1,
but B2+C1. Is it possible to lock A2? Ofcause the same thing happends
when I try to fill to the right, I get A3+B2 and not A3+B1. Here I want
to lock B.

1 2 3 4 (Excel Column)
A 1 2 3 (Price)
B 10 A2+B1 A3+B1 A4+B1
C 20 A2+C1 A3+C1 A4+C1
D 30 A2+D1 A3+D1 A4+D1
E 40 A2+E1 A3+E1 A4+E1
(Month Fee)

(The sheet is a bit more complicated, with an intrest number that shoud
be constant reference in all cells.)

Best Regards,
Andreas Lundgren

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karen

Hi Andreas,

In Excel 2003, when I want an absolute cell reference, (in this example
A2), I list the cell as this: $A$2

Placing the dollar signs in front of the row and column should keep
that cell constant, no matter where it's copied as a formula in other
cells.

Good luck with this!

Karen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Karen

Oops, Duke is right. It sounds like your calculations are quite a bit
more involved with that interest factor included. My apologies!