-   -   Auto Fill with some references locked (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/74373-auto-fill-some-references-locked.html)

[email protected]

Auto Fill with some references locked

Hi!

If I like to create a document that looks like the following where I
like to see all combinations of prices and monthly fees. (This is a
simple example)

I want to use the Auto Fill function, but I want to lock some
references. If I use Auto Fill on B2 and downwards, I don't get A2+C1,
but B2+C1. Is it possible to lock A2? Ofcause the same thing happends
when I try to fill to the right, I get A3+B2 and not A3+B1. Here I want
to lock B.

1 2 3 4 (Excel Column)
A 1 2 3 (Price)
B 10 A2+B1 A3+B1 A4+B1
C 20 A2+C1 A3+C1 A4+C1
D 30 A2+D1 A3+D1 A4+D1
E 40 A2+E1 A3+E1 A4+E1
(Month Fee)

(The sheet is a bit more complicated, with an intrest number that shoud
be constant reference in all cells.)

Best Regards,
Andreas Lundgren

Duke Carey

Auto Fill with some references locked

Look in the help file for Data Tables. You'll want a 2-way table

" wrote:

[...]

Karen

Auto Fill with some references locked

Hi Andreas,

In Excel 2003, when I want an absolute cell reference, (in this example
A2), I list the cell as this: $A$2

Placing the dollar signs in front of the row and column should keep
that cell constant, no matter where it's copied as a formula in other
cells.

Good luck with this!

Karen

Karen

Auto Fill with some references locked

Oops, Duke is right. It sounds like your calculations are quite a bit
more involved with that interest factor included. My apologies!