adarling

Default Auto Fill Options

Until today, the default of my auto fill options was copy cells; in addition,
I never saw the auto fill box, ever. I've disabled the show paste and show
insert options so the box doesn't appear but it defaults to fill series and
adds a day to each date I drag and drop. Holding down the control key
overrides the fill series default but I'd like to go back to copy cells as
the default. Can it be done?
Dave Peterson

I think it depends on what you have selected.

If I put 1 in A1, select just A1 and drag that fill handle down, excel copies
it.

If I put 1 in A1 and 2 in A2, select A1:A2 and then drag down by the fill
handle, it fills the series.

Whenever I don't want excel to guess, I just rightclick and drag that fill
handle.

(It's a couple extra seconds, but I don't have to do it over and over!)

--

Dave Peterson