Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carly Aspden

Default how do i make a cell absolute

i would like to know how to make a cell in a spreadsheet absolute.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ardus Petus

A cell is always absolute.
It is the references to a cell that can be relative and/or absolute, I.e the
way Excel increments/decrements parts of the reference when the reference is
copied around.

HTH
--
AP

"Carly Aspden" <Carly a écrit dans le
message de news:
i would like to know how to make a cell in a spreadsheet absolute.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

Carly, =$A$1,

$A$1 (absolute column and absolute row) $A$1
A$1 (relative column and absolute row) C$1
$A1 (absolute column and relative row) $A3
A1 (relative column and relative row) C3

Look in help under Switch between relative, absolute, and mixed references

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Carly Aspden" <Carly wrote in message
i would like to know how to make a cell in a spreadsheet absolute.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Saruman

To turn a formula in a cell to an absolute formula, click on the cell, then
click into the formula bar near the top of the menu bars and then press F4.
Every press of F4 afterwards, changes the absolute to Row then Column then
None

"Carly Aspden" <Carly wrote in message
i would like to know how to make a cell in a spreadsheet absolute.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Just in case:

=abs(a1)

will return the absolute value of the value in A1.

Yeah, I didn't think so, but just in case that's what you meant...