Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default auto filter not working

My autofilter suddenly stopped displaying the number found in the lower
left corner of the spreadsheet. It will display the results based on
the search, but the number found is missing. If I right click on the
word Filter Mode, it has SUM checked. This seems to happen to most of
my spreadsheets. How do I fix the problem and second why is this
happening?

Thanks,

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

When your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed
after an AutoFilter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter
Mode" instead of a count of the visible records.

The following MSKB article has information:

The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

And there are a couple of workarounds he
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it fixed the problem.

wrote:
Debra,

Thanks a bunch. That fixed it.