Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
STEVE THE PARTS GUY

Default Flashing text in a cell

Is there a way to animate text in a cell to flash or in some way be animated
so that it brings attention to itself. The context would be a product price
sheet that has been updated with a new product. I prefer not to view the
sheet as a web page.

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gilles Desjardins

Sounds like "conditional formatting" would help you.

"STEVE THE PARTS GUY" wrote in
message ...
Is there a way to animate text in a cell to flash or in some way be
animated
so that it brings attention to itself. The context would be a product
price
sheet that has been updated with a new product. I prefer not to view the
sheet as a web page.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.htm .

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"STEVE THE PARTS GUY"
wrote in message
Is there a way to animate text in a cell to flash or in some
way be animated
so that it brings attention to itself. The context would be a
product price
sheet that has been updated with a new product. I prefer not to
view the
sheet as a web page.

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

If you have a column indicating the update date, then Data Filter
AutoFilter Custom.....and fill in the menu to filter and display only
certain date items, or a daterange...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3