Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Buttons for ", & ?

I was wondering if there is a way to create macros to enter quote marks
and the ampersand? Similar to the built in buttons for + and = you can
put on the toolbar by customizing?

I like to use the buttons to build formulas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1

hi,
assign these macros to custom icons from the customize box...toolscustomize.
click the command tab. on the left scroll down and click macros. drag the
smiley face to the tool bar. click modify selectionassign macro. you might
also want to click modify selectionedit button image.
Sub Macro1()
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = """"
End Sub
Sub Macro2()
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "&"
End Sub
regards
FSt1

" wrote:

I was wondering if there is a way to create macros to enter quote marks
and the ampersand? Similar to the built in buttons for + and = you can
put on the toolbar by customizing?

I like to use the buttons to build formulas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1

hi again,
I stumbled on to your post in programing and now understand more of what you
are trying to do. the procedures i posted to you wont work during edit mode.
sorry.
FSt1