Fritz24

Default Vanishing Control Toolbox Command Buttons

I have recently had my work PC upgraded from Windows NT to XP, and am now
using Excel 2003 rather than 97.

A spreadsheet I use each day contains a number of command buttons (from the
control toolbox menu rather than forms). When I open this spreadsheet I
cannot see the buttons. If I click on where the buttons are they still work,
and I can still see the code behind them, but I cannot see the buttons
themselves.

Similarly if I try to create a new command button - or indeed any control -
from the control toolbox I get the same problem. But again I am able to
create buttons from the forms toolbar with no problem.

I'm guessing some setting is wrong somewhere, but I have no idea which one!
I'd be grateful if anyone could assist.

Thanks.
bigwheel

"Fritz24" wrote:

I have recently had my work PC upgraded from Windows NT to XP, and am now
using Excel 2003 rather than 97.

A spreadsheet I use each day contains a number of command buttons (from the
control toolbox menu rather than forms). When I open this spreadsheet I
cannot see the buttons. If I click on where the buttons are they still work,
and I can still see the code behind them, but I cannot see the buttons
themselves.

Similarly if I try to create a new command button - or indeed any control -
from the control toolbox I get the same problem. But again I am able to
create buttons from the forms toolbar with no problem.

I'm guessing some setting is wrong somewhere, but I have no idea which one!
I'd be grateful if anyone could assist.

Presumably, your company's helpdesk couldn't figure it out. Have you tried
looking at the properties for the control to see if there's anything which
may cause the invisibility?
Dave Peterson

I always thought that this kind of problem was more of a
windows/graphics/display problem.

Sometimes, I can minimize the worksheet window and then maximize it and the
controls are back.

Sometimes, I can minimize the application and then maximize it and that works,
too.

Sometimes, closing and reopening works.

But if I have my choice, I'll use the objects from the Forms toolbar. They seem
to behave much better on a worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson