Dave Peterson

I always thought that this kind of problem was more of a
windows/graphics/display problem.

Sometimes, I can minimize the worksheet window and then maximize it and the
controls are back.

Sometimes, I can minimize the application and then maximize it and that works,
too.

Sometimes, closing and reopening works.

But if I have my choice, I'll use the objects from the Forms toolbar. They seem
to behave much better on a worksheet.

Fritz24 wrote:

I have recently had my work PC upgraded from Windows NT to XP, and am now
using Excel 2003 rather than 97.

A spreadsheet I use each day contains a number of command buttons (from the
control toolbox menu rather than forms). When I open this spreadsheet I
cannot see the buttons. If I click on where the buttons are they still work,
and I can still see the code behind them, but I cannot see the buttons
themselves.

Similarly if I try to create a new command button - or indeed any control -
from the control toolbox I get the same problem. But again I am able to
create buttons from the forms toolbar with no problem.

I'm guessing some setting is wrong somewhere, but I have no idea which one!
I'd be grateful if anyone could assist.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson