Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
darken99

Default Multilple linked Cells with Combo box

I have a listfill range of 4 columns by 15 rows. I want the first
column of the listfill to be used for selecting from the combo box.
What I want to happen is to have 3 fixed columns (linked cells) to be
updated with the selection of the combo box. I can only get it to
update the 1st cell of the 3.

Anyhow have any ideas how to get all 3 linked cells to update?

--
darken99
darken99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35055

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrice

Have you tried linking the cells to each other in a chain?

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547982

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

If that first column consists of unique values, maybe you could use a few
=vlookup()'s to populate the other cells.

If that linked cell is A1 (of sheet1) and the table is on sheet2 (A1:D15)

=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!$a$1:$d$15,2,false) )
=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!$a$1:$d$15,3,false) )
=if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!$a$1:$d$15,4,false) )

To return the other 3 columns.

darken99 wrote:

I have a listfill range of 4 columns by 15 rows. I want the first
column of the listfill to be used for selecting from the combo box.
What I want to happen is to have 3 fixed columns (linked cells) to be
updated with the selection of the combo box. I can only get it to
update the 1st cell of the 3.

Anyhow have any ideas how to get all 3 linked cells to update?

--
darken99
darken99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35055
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547982

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
darken99

Right now I am only working with 1 sheet. I had tried using "IF"
function but I was only able to input 10 options in the if statement.
I thought there would be an easier way to link the output of 3 rows. I
tried naming the linked cell as 3 columns but that didn't work either.
Is there an option somewhere that lets you extend the linked cell from 1
to 3 cells?

--
darken99
darken99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35055
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547982

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
darken99

I ended up using INDEX/MATCH. It worked great.

--
darken99
darken99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35055
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=547982

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
darken99

Well INDEX/MATCH doesn't work quite the way I had planned. I am not
sure what is going on. The first 2 items on my combo box give me the
right results in all 3 columns from my table. After that it starts
returning random results in the 2 INDEX/MATCH columns.

This is my code.

=INDEX(U1:U100,MATCH(M56,T1:T100))

Where
Column U = The cells I want to pick from to show up in code cell.
Column T = The cells I am trying to match with M56
M56 = the cell I am trying to match (linked to combo box)

Anyone know how to get it to pick from Column U to respective row in
Column T?

Thanks in advance.