Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
user_u

Default Max columns?

What is the maximum number of the columns?
Is the last column really named "IV"??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Yes, the last column is IV - until the next release of Excel, anyway.

Andy.

"user_u" wrote in message
What is the maximum number of the columns?
Is the last column really named "IV"??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

In Excel 2003 and earlier, the maximum number of columns is 256,
and yes the last column name is "IV". Excel 2007 has about 18,000
columns.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"user_u" wrote in message
What is the maximum number of the columns?
Is the last column really named "IV"??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Yep, 256, at least until 2007.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"user_u" wrote in message
What is the maximum number of the columns?
Is the last column really named "IV"??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
whatabob

"user_u" wrote:

What is the maximum number of the columns?
Is the last column really named "IV"??

Excel 2007 allows 2 to the 12th (16384) columns, of which the last is headed
"XFD".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I just saved it as .xlsx and I still can't insert. Last column remains being
IV. Any advice will be great!
Thanks for helping again today.

Carolina

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Yes,.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"whatabob" wrote:

"user_u" wrote:

What is the maximum number of the columns?
Is the last column really named "IV"??

Excel 2007 allows 2 to the 12th (16384) columns, of which the last is
headed
"XFD".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes.

Save the file as a normal (xl2007) style workbook.
Then close it and reopen it.

"whatabob" wrote:

"user_u" wrote:

What is the maximum number of the columns?
Is the last column really named "IV"??

Excel 2007 allows 2 to the 12th (16384) columns, of which the last is headed
"XFD".

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure. But remember that you'll lose those extra columns and extra rows and any
feature that's new in xl2007.

If I knew I had to share with people who use xl2003, I think I'd keep using .xls
in compatibility mode. I think it would make a bit simpler for me.