Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JDay

Default Inserting Dates

If anything appears in cell A1, I would like the date to appear in cell B1.
However, once that date appears, I want that date to remain constant, not
update daily. I need to know what date I sent a particular letter so the
date must remain.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

You may find what you need he
The section using circular references shows that exact case.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.

"JDay" wrote:

If anything appears in cell A1, I would like the date to appear in cell B1.
However, once that date appears, I want that date to remain constant, not
update daily. I need to know what date I sent a particular letter so the
date must remain.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Perhaps this will do as you wish.......

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As
Excel.Range)
If Not Range("a1").Value = "" Then
Range("b1").Value = Date
Else