Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JDay

Default Inserting Dates

If I enter anything in cell A1, I want the date automatically entered into
cell A2. How can I do this??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1

hi,
put this in a this workbook module
Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
If Range("A1") = "" Then
Exit Sub
Else
Range("A1").Offset(0, 1) = Date
regards
FSt1
"JDay" wrote:

If I enter anything in cell A1, I want the date automatically entered into
cell A2. How can I do this??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph

"JDay" wrote in message
If I enter anything in cell A1, I want the date automatically entered into
cell A2. How can I do this??

=IF(A1<"",TODAY(),""), and format as Date.
--
David Biddulph