Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nevi

Default Help with a tricky formula......

Hello All,

What I currently have is:

=SUMPRODUCT(('Daily Tracker'!C4:C115="Aircard - Connectivity
Issue")*('Daily Tracker'!B4:B115={"Ait-Hamou, Achour","Antoine,
Louis-Bernard","Brassard, Yanik","Dawson, Ronald","De Gonzague,
Gilles","Gavilan, Carlos","Hachey, Anthony","Maheux-Anctil,
Pierre","Nguyen, Minh Trun","Ortega, Orlando","Salazar, Ramon","Smadja,
Yves","St. Pierre, Luc","Thomas, Steve","Troufanov, Alexandre"}))

The idea here is that it is counting how many times "Aircard -
Connectivity Issue" is selected in C4:C115 on the Daily Tracker Sheet,
but only if the corosponding name in B4:B115 matches one of the names
listed.

Now, all of those names listed there in quotes are also listed in cells
D5:D20 of the same sheet. Currently, anytime I need to change the names
for this(which is ofter, unfortunatley) I change this whole list. I'd
like to find a way to tell it to compare against the list of names in
D5:D35(leaves room for the list to grow).

Any ideas?

--
nevi
nevi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33238

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(('Daily Tracker'!C4:C115="Aircard - Connectivity Issue")*
(ISNUMBER(MATCH('Daily Tracker'!B4:B115,D5:D35,0))))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips