Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam

Default Question about different paste area sizes

Hi all - I posted this question a few weeks back and haven't received any
replies. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, but maybe I am just out
of luck in getting this warning back.

In the previous version of Excel installed on my computer, if I copied a
large block of data and highlighted the area where I wanted to paste it, and
the areas did not contain the same number of cells, I would get a warning.
This warning was a double check for me that I was pasting the appropriate
data in the appropriate place on my spreadsheet. Now I don't get that
warning. Is there a box anywhere I can check to get the warning back? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

which version of Excel are you using?
I have Excel 2002 (XP) and 2003, both give the warning you are looking
for.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam

I am using 2003, but I don't get the warning. Ugh!

" wrote:

which version of Excel are you using?
I have Excel 2002 (XP) and 2003, both give the warning you are looking
for.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SiC

I am also using the 2003 version of Excel, and have the same problem as Sam.
Maybe there's a patch we can download to fix this issue? I am going to check
for any downloadable updates for Excel 2003. Unfortunately it looks like
this post is going to be buried deeper and deeper in the mean time.

-Simon

" wrote:

which version of Excel are you using?
I have Excel 2002 (XP) and 2003, both give the warning you are looking
for.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam

Thanks for checking into it, Simon. I would love to hear if you find
anything. I will also check with our IT people here to see if they are aware
of the problem.

" wrote:

which version of Excel are you using?
I have Excel 2002 (XP) and 2003, both give the warning you are looking
for.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SimonCC

Still having the same problem after downloading and installing updates and
service pack 2. I am not sure what else to do from here.

-Simon