Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
cer9

Default Pivot Table Format

I have a pivot table that i make multiple versions by changing the value
in the Page field. The table uses one of the auto formats under the
'format report' menu. The problem I am having is that the table
unformats itself (row height, undo wrap text, background/font color,
etc.) everytime I make a new version of the report. Is there a way to
lock the formats so I don't have to reformat everytime I make a new
version?

--
cer9
cer9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33651

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

If you use the built-in AutoFormats, they override your other settings
when you refresh or change the pivot table.
Instead of using an AutoFormat, you could format the pivot table
yourself. Then, right-click on the pivot table, and choose Table Options.
Turn off AutoFormat table, and your formatting should stick.

cer9 wrote:
I have a pivot table that i make multiple versions by changing the value
in the Page field. The table uses one of the auto formats under the
'format report' menu. The problem I am having is that the table
unformats itself (row height, undo wrap text, background/font color,
etc.) everytime I make a new version of the report. Is there a way to
lock the formats so I don't have to reformat everytime I make a new
version?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures