Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Henk

Default Relating fields

I want to relate a field to an other field in a different map. Both maps are
in the same file. The problem is that the data imported in Map 1 is related
to Map2.
When I insert a collumn in Map 1 the formula in Map 2 is changed.
Example: Data in Map1 C2R2 is used in Map2 in C5R25.
Map2 C5R25 has value Map1!C2R2. If I insert a collumn in Map 1 the value is
changed into Map1!C3R2.

Is it possible to fix the formula to the Map1!C2R2 field no matter what?
It should not only work for one field. It should work for the entire collumn.
Many thanks in advance
Henk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrice

Take a look at the help for the INDIRECT function.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=546397