Old January 21st 05, 01:41 AM
Linda L

Default Sorting Spreadsheet with Merged Fields

I have a huge spreadsheet that currently fits comfortably on an 11 x 17" page
making it difficult to work with and understand....just too big. I'd like to
make the spreadsheet fit on an 8.5 x 11" (landscape) page by stacking fields.
This is marketing pursuit data so most fields hold text. When I stack the
fields some fields must be merged. So far...not tough....I have a beautiful
spreadsheet with all the data in a convenient format, easy to understand.
The problem is sorting the first field (priority) per field grouping....can't
sort because of merged fields. I tried doing the table in word using form
fields...same problem with sorting because of merged fields. Any ideas?

Old January 22nd 05, 01:58 AM

How about keeping all your data in the less than pretty 11x17 version.
Update/sort that whenever required.

Then build your pretty version whenever you want to print.

But remember, the pretty version is just for reporting uses--not for updating.