-   -   Sorting Spreadsheet with Merged Fields (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4337-sorting-spreadsheet-merged-fields.html)

Linda L

Sorting Spreadsheet with Merged Fields

I have a huge spreadsheet that currently fits comfortably on an 11 x 17" page
making it difficult to work with and understand....just too big. I'd like to
make the spreadsheet fit on an 8.5 x 11" (landscape) page by stacking fields.
This is marketing pursuit data so most fields hold text. When I stack the
fields some fields must be merged. So far...not tough....I have a beautiful
spreadsheet with all the data in a convenient format, easy to understand.
The problem is sorting the first field (priority) per field grouping....can't
sort because of merged fields. I tried doing the table in word using form
fields...same problem with sorting because of merged fields. Any ideas?

Dave Peterson

How about keeping all your data in the less than pretty 11x17 version.
Update/sort that whenever required.

Then build your pretty version whenever you want to print.

But remember, the pretty version is just for reporting uses--not for updating.

--

Dave Peterson