UweVahrson

Default Number of dropdown fields in Excel is limited. I need more. How?

I need some thousand dropdown fields (via validation function) in Excel. But
if I input too many fields I can't save the file. Seems the number of
dropdown fields is limited. How can I enlarge the number of allowed dropdown
fields? Can I change the setup anyway?
Duke Carey

How can a user view/use/comprehend anything more than a dozen or so dropdowns
??

If the second dropdown depends on the user's selection in the first
dropdown, then see the advice offered here

"UweVahrson" wrote:

I need some thousand dropdown fields (via validation function) in Excel. But
if I input too many fields I can't save the file. Seems the number of
dropdown fields is limited. How can I enlarge the number of allowed dropdown
fields? Can I change the setup anyway?

Bob Phillips

"Duke Carey" wrote in message
How can a user view/use/comprehend anything more than a dozen or so

dropdowns
??

He might have a thousand data entry boxes that all have the same DV applied
to them?

Otto Moehrbach

What do you mean when you say you can't save the file? What happens when
you try to save the file? Do you get an error message? Are you saving to a
removable disk or to the hardrive? HTH Otto
"UweVahrson" wrote in message
I need some thousand dropdown fields (via validation function) in Excel.
But
if I input too many fields I can't save the file. Seems the number of
dropdown fields is limited. How can I enlarge the number of allowed
dropdown
fields? Can I change the setup anyway?

Debra Dalgleish

Instead of creating data validation dropdowns in every row, you could
try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in
that allows combo boxes, so it could display a list of items.

http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List