Bob Phillips

or create the DV box when the cell is selected.

--

HTH

RP

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message
Instead of creating data validation dropdowns in every row, you could
try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in
that allows combo boxes, so it could display a list of items.

http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

UweVahrson wrote:
I need some thousand dropdown fields (via validation function) in Excel.

But
if I input too many fields I can't save the file. Seems the number of
dropdown fields is limited. How can I enlarge the number of allowed

dropdown
fields? Can I change the setup anyway?

--
Debra Dalgleish