Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JimK

Default Easy Printer Switch Question

I have access to two printers. I standardly use printer A, and typicaly hit
PRINT or use the print button to print to the A printer. However, I'd like
to set up a button in the Excel toolbar to print to the B printer when
necessary. I know this is possible (and I've tried it). However, the
problem is that when I click on the Printer B button, it changes the
"default" printer in Excel to the B printer. I'd like to have the A printer
always be the default printer and have the B Printer button just print to
printer B and NOT change the default printer away from Printer A. Can anyone
assist? Or am I stuck using a macro to do this? Thanks very much for any
assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JimK

Thanks Don. So that would be a macro solution, correct? I was hopping there
was a solution that could be implemented through Excel that I could instruct
my staff to use, rather than installing a macro on each of their PC's.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

try this
Application.ActivePrinter = "HP DeskJet 880C on LPT1:"
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintPreview
Application.ActivePrinter = "Xerox Phaser 6200B on LPT1:"

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software