Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Permanently-sorted lists?

Hi everyone-

Here's what I'd like to do:

I'm working with a list of names and associated values, i.e.

NAME PROFIT

Vanguard 300,000
Fidelity 200,000
Schwab 100,000

The profit values on the right will be changing on a regular basis - is
there any way I can create a "permanent sort" so that the list will
automatically sort itself by profit when the values change, rather than
having to go do it manually?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PDUK1

Hi There

I would say it very much depends on what behaviour makes the values change.
How does the values change - if code changes the value then add extra code to
do an autosort

You could also make it autosort each time you go into the worksheet by
creating a very simple macro in the worksheet.

If you however manually put new values into the cells then perhaps create a
macro that autosorts and assign to a button.....

I dont personally know of another way in excel.

hth

Peter
" wrote:

Hi everyone-

Here's what I'd like to do:

I'm working with a list of names and associated values, i.e.

NAME PROFIT

Vanguard 300,000
Fidelity 200,000
Schwab 100,000

The profit values on the right will be changing on a regular basis - is
there any way I can create a "permanent sort" so that the list will
automatically sort itself by profit when the values change, rather than
having to go do it manually?

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Peter,

The changing values are linked to cells in another worksheet, which in
turn will be changing as the numbers going into their formulas change
(whew!).

"You could also make it autosort each time you go into the worksheet by

creating a very simple macro in the worksheet."

This sounds like a relatively simple way of getting the job done - can
you explain further how I go about doing this?

Thanks again-