Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WhytheQ

Default Break Links not working !!!! HELP !!

(Excel2003)

This is a real mystery.
We have a spreadsheet BookA with two worksheets, Sheet1 & Sheet2, that
get copied into a new workbook BookB.
Both these sheets have formula in them which link back to Sheet3 in
BookA.

Trouble is that when I go EditLinksBreak Link in BookB it looks like
the links have been broken i.e a warning comes up about things being
lost etc, but when I look in the cells all the links are still there !!

This is a new feature of Excel that I'm unfamiliar with - any one got
any ideas?

Help much appreciated
Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
WhytheQ

already got that program thanks Dave.
i'm wondering if named ranges cause a problem when using Break Linke.g

BookA Sheet1 has a formula "=myDate" in a cell which refers to Sheet2
If Sheet1 is then copied over to a new book will Break Link be ok?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You can do some testing pretty easily.

And to make working with names easier, get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles
Williams and Matthew
Henson) Name Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp