Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nsando

Default Too many formatted cells error message

I have 1.25mb file, mostly data, and some macro buttons, no fancy
formulas. When I attempted to merge a cell, received the error message.
After I saved and reopened, the file was corrupted.
What is the solution/prevention for this on new files?

--
nsando
nsando's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34671

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Use fewer formats???

And as a personal preference I do my best to stay away from merged cells.

Maybe...

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then
they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up
version.

http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD

=====
If you still have your older version, you may want to see if OpenOffice can
"de-corrupt" it.