Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sammy

Default Hide a formula result until cell has been filled

Hello, I'm new to excel, I'm trying a simple formula (=40-C3-0.2)
& I'm wondering if it is possible to hide the result of my formula until I
had added an amount into cell C3, as it results in showing 39.8 until imput
another number into C3,
I would like the result to remain blank until I put a number in C3.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Try

=(40-C3-0.2)*(C3<"")

which will show zero until there is a value in C3

or

=IF(C3="","",40-C3-0.2)

which will show blank

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

"Sammy" wrote in message
Hello, I'm new to excel, I'm trying a simple formula (=40-C3-0.2)
& I'm wondering if it is possible to hide the result of my formula until I
had added an amount into cell C3, as it results in showing 39.8 until
imput
another number into C3,
I would like the result to remain blank until I put a number in C3.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You can make that cell look empty with a formula like:
=if(c3="","",40-C3-0.2)

Or you could even add a little validity check:
=if(isnumber(c3),40-C3-0.2,"")

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LACA

How about

=IF(C3="","",40-C3-0.2)

--
LACA
LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30381

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

Try this:

=IF(C3,40-C3-0.2,"")

--

HTH,

RD

"Sammy" wrote in message
Hello, I'm new to excel, I'm trying a simple formula (=40-C3-0.2)
& I'm wondering if it is possible to hide the result of my formula until I
had added an amount into cell C3, as it results in showing 39.8 until imput
another number into C3,
I would like the result to remain blank until I put a number in C3.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
via135

hi!

=IF(C3="","",40-C3-0.2)

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sammy

Cheers :D

"LACA" wrote:

How about

=IF(C3="","",40-C3-0.2)

--
LACA
LACA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30381
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543995

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sammy

Thank you very much.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(C3,40-C3-0.2,"")

--

HTH,

RD

"Sammy" wrote in message
Hello, I'm new to excel, I'm trying a simple formula (=40-C3-0.2)
& I'm wondering if it is possible to hide the result of my formula until I
had added an amount into cell C3, as it results in showing 39.8 until imput
another number into C3,
I would like the result to remain blank until I put a number in C3.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sammy

Much appreciated :D

"via135" wrote:

hi!

=IF(C3="","",40-C3-0.2)

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543995

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am working with a spreadsheet and would like to do the same. How would this
work for the formula =C6 or Formula =C6+30
Thanks
"Sammy" wrote:

Much appreciated :D

"via135" wrote:

hi!

=IF(C3="","",40-C3-0.2)

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543995

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(C6="","",C6)

=IF(C6="","",C6+30)

What the formula does is return a blank-looking cell if C6 has no data,
otherwise return the calculated value.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 May 2009 11:29:01 -0700, Higgy
wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet and would like to do the same. How would this
work for the formula =C6 or Formula =C6+30
Thanks
"Sammy" wrote:

Much appreciated :D

"via135" wrote:

hi!

=IF(C3="","",40-C3-0.2)

-via135

--
via135
via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26725
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543995

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That did it! Thanks!

wrote:

I am working with a spreadsheet and would like to do the same. How would this
work for the formula =C6 or Formula =C6+30
Thanks
"Sammy" wrote:

Much appreciated :D

"via135" wrote: