PeDevillers

Default Numeric content in one cell ( implicit formula ) and the result in another one

Hi,

I made some search before, but too much information at the same time.
So I post this question:

In cell D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375)
/1000000)

In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2
: 669,754

I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format
( then formula ) in cell D2 may change.
Is there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the
result in another one?

Best regards

Pierre
Dave O

In cell E2, will the formula "=D2" do it for you? Or is that too
simplistic and I don't understand your requirement?

PeDevillers

I also though it was as simple as =D2, but it doesn't work.
Maybe I did not explain clearly.

Another single example : in cell D2 : 1000-800
I want in E2 : 200

If I enter in E2 =D2 , in E2 I have 1000-800

Note : Dave, I am not sure if " has importance or not.
If you try, does it work?

Best regards
Pierre
Bob Phillips

Select cell E2, and create a workbook name of say Eval with a RefersTo value
of =Evaluate(D2)

In E2, add =Eval

--

HTH

RP

"PeDevillers" wrote in message
om...
I also though it was as simple as =D2, but it doesn't work.
Maybe I did not explain clearly.

Another single example : in cell D2 : 1000-800
I want in E2 : 200

If I enter in E2 =D2 , in E2 I have 1000-800

Note : Dave, I am not sure if " has importance or not.
If you try, does it work?

Best regards
Pierre

PeDevillers

Thanks to put me on the track.
I solved my problem like this : create a module in VBA called eval
with content

Function Eval(E As Range)
Eval = Application.Evaluate(E.Text)
End Function

and I refer to that in E2 result cell =eval(D2)

I was just surpised that a so elementary function doesn't exist in
standard list of function.

best regards
Pierre