Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave

Default Discount Formula

A1 is Price
A2 we would enter letters A - G
A3 If A2 is A multiply A1 by 50%
If A2 is B multiply A1 by 55%
etcetera
I Can't seem to create a formula that works.
--
Dave1125
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Dave,

I would probably use a Vlookup table to accomplish this.

For example:

G1: A
G2: B
G3: C
etc.

H1: .5
H2: .55
H3: .6
etc.

A3: =A1 * VLookup(A2,G1:H7,2,False)

Does that work?

"Dave" wrote:

A1 is Price
A2 we would enter letters A - G
A3 If A2 is A multiply A1 by 50%
If A2 is B multiply A1 by 55%
etcetera
I Can't seem to create a formula that works.
--
Dave1125

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

If each letter increases the % by 5 as per your example...

=A1*(0.5+0.05*(CODE(A2)-65))

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486