Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Emily

Default Counting values in multiple columns

How can I count the values in one column compared to the values in another
column. For instance if a column contains Critical, High, Med and Low and
another column contains Mary, Joe and Steve, I would like to count the number
of criticals where the other column contains Mary?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
C01d

Hi, introduce a third column and filll its cells with a formula that
looks like this:

=IF(AND(A1="Mary",B1="Critical"),1,0)

Replace the condition with what you are checking for. The cell will be
set to 1 if the condition is fulfiled. By counting the number of 1's in
the column, you can find the number of entries that meet the condition.

--
C01d
C01d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34422