Mohoney

Default Convert 1 row of data into Multiple columns

Hi,

My spreadsheet has 4 columns of data but I need to convert just the 1 column
into a row.

Example:

Column A has the date
Column B has the 30 minute intervals starting from 09:00 to 17:00
Column C has the 5 different stocks (ABL, AGL; ANG; BAW;SLM) I want data for
but each stock is listed multiple time per interval
Column D has the actual values of the stocks at the diffferent intervals

I need to convert column C into 5 columns but retain the other columns data
applicable to the various stocks so its easy to view in a table-like format.

Using copy/paste/tranpose feauture in Excel is not my solution.

Please help.

Thanks
Mohoney

David McRitchie

Use Tools, Options, Text to Columns
if you actually have commas separating, you would choose
delimited and on the next dialog select comma as your delimiter.

Make sure you have the requisite empty columns to the right, before
starting.

---
HTH,