Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tdunalp

Default drag and drop problem

If I highlight a cell, I can no longer drag it diagonally. It will only
allow me to drag horizontally or vertically. What setting may have been
changed without my knowing?

thanks for the help, nobody that I know has an answer for me!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Did you click and drag by the autofill "button"--that square thingy at the
bottom right corner of the selection?

If you did, just grab the selection by a different edge (or corner).

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tdunalp

The autofill button doesn't appear unless I copy and paste something first.
Then it appears. I have clicked a cell and then grabbed the bottom right
corner and drug it say down 10 rows and over 5 columns at the same time and
it highlights all of those cells. Now I can only go down or over but not both
at the same time. This has never happened to me before.

Tdunalp wrote:

If I highlight a cell, I can no longer drag it diagonally. It will only
allow me to drag horizontally or vertically. What setting may have been
changed without my knowing?

thanks for the help, nobody that I know has an answer for me!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR

I don't recall *ever* being able to "drag-copy" in 2 directions at once
using the fill handle.

Copy either to a row or a column, then release the mouse, and re-click and
drag the fill handle of the *first* selection in the other direction.

To copy to a block of cells in a single action:
Select the cell to be copied,
Drag the cell, *NOT* the fill handle,
to select the entire range you wish to fill.
Release the mouse.
This puts the focus of the selected range in the cell to be copied (colored
white).
Hit <F2,
Then,
<Ctrl <Enter.