Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tdunalp

Default drag and drop problem

The autofill button doesn't appear unless I copy and paste something first.
Then it appears. I have clicked a cell and then grabbed the bottom right
corner and drug it say down 10 rows and over 5 columns at the same time and
it highlights all of those cells. Now I can only go down or over but not both
at the same time. This has never happened to me before.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Did you click and drag by the autofill "button"--that square thingy at the
bottom right corner of the selection?

If you did, just grab the selection by a different edge (or corner).

Tdunalp wrote:

If I highlight a cell, I can no longer drag it diagonally. It will only
allow me to drag horizontally or vertically. What setting may have been
changed without my knowing?

thanks for the help, nobody that I know has an answer for me!

--

Dave Peterson