Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dick Morgan

Default How do I set cell drag and drop to be on as a default

I often use the cell drag and drop functionality in EXCEL. (eg enter 1 in
cell a1, 2 in cell a2, select the 2 cells and click on the bottom right
corner, and drag down will add a sequence of 3 4 5 6 etc in the cell dragged
to).

My current version of EXCEL 2003 has cell drag and drop in Tools -- Options
-- Edit set to OFF how do I set to ON as a default.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

This is an application setting that should be remembered after you toggle it.

If it's not being remembered, it sounds like you don't have permission to save
this setting in the windows registry. You may want to complain to your IT folks
and ask them why you can't do this.

But until they fix it, you could have a dummy workbook that opens, changes this
setting, then closes. Put it in your XLStart folder so that it opens each time
excel starts up.

This code would go into a General module:

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
Application.CellDragAndDrop = True
ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RalphT

I have been having a similar problem & have to turn on D&D in Options, every
time I load Excel. As a single user on XP home I don't have any IT folks to
complain to ;-)
Any suggestions where I should look??

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

This is an application setting that should be remembered after you toggle it.

If it's not being remembered, it sounds like you don't have permission to save
this setting in the windows registry. You may want to complain to your IT folks
and ask them why you can't do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Any chance you have set up your pc to allow various users to access the pc.

And you didn't give this user (you!) access rights to install software.

I don't know enough about how Windows works with users, so this might not be
close. Maybe asking in one of the windows newsgroups would help.

Just explain that excel doesn't seem to be saving a setting to the registry and
a little background if you do use multiple users.