Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default How do I set cell drag and drop to be on as a default

Any chance you have set up your pc to allow various users to access the pc.

And you didn't give this user (you!) access rights to install software.

I don't know enough about how Windows works with users, so this might not be
close. Maybe asking in one of the windows newsgroups would help.

Just explain that excel doesn't seem to be saving a setting to the registry and
a little background if you do use multiple users.

RalphT wrote:

I have been having a similar problem & have to turn on D&D in Options, every
time I load Excel. As a single user on XP home I don't have any IT folks to
complain to ;-)
Any suggestions where I should look??

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

This is an application setting that should be remembered after you toggle it.

If it's not being remembered, it sounds like you don't have permission to save
this setting in the windows registry. You may want to complain to your IT folks
and ask them why you can't do this.

--

Dave Peterson