Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alex

Default analysis tool

I have a table with days, planned and actual production, and % of actual vs.
planned.
Day Planned Cs Actual Cs %
26-Feb-06 1667 2025.25 121.49%
30-Apr-06 1667 1838.25 110.27%
19-Feb-06 1667 1950 116.98%
16-Apr-06 1660 1657 99.82%
26-Mar-06 1696 1693.5 99.85%
29-Jan-06 1696 1691 99.71%

I need to find a correlation between a number of cases planned (or actually
produced) and the % (to be on target). Whether having some specific range of
planned cases it's difficult to be on target and having another range or
number of cases it's easier to be on target.
What analysis tool do I need to use for this case and how I would need to
presenty the data?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Alex,

I think you could use a pivot table for this.

Data:PivotTable Report

Put your planned (or actual, or both) fields in the row area, then put your
percentage field in the data area.

Click finish

Right click on your row header (planned or actual) select Group and
Outline:Group.

Here you can define how large the range should be when evaluating case load.

HTH

"Alex" wrote:

I have a table with days, planned and actual production, and % of actual vs.
planned.
Day Planned Cs Actual Cs %
26-Feb-06 1667 2025.25 121.49%
30-Apr-06 1667 1838.25 110.27%
19-Feb-06 1667 1950 116.98%
16-Apr-06 1660 1657 99.82%
26-Mar-06 1696 1693.5 99.85%
29-Jan-06 1696 1691 99.71%

I need to find a correlation between a number of cases planned (or actually
produced) and the % (to be on target). Whether having some specific range of
planned cases it's difficult to be on target and having another range or
number of cases it's easier to be on target.
What analysis tool do I need to use for this case and how I would need to
presenty the data?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Alex

Thank you very much, Dominic. I did it.
The table looks as below:
Planned Total
942-1941 18.36321823
1942-2941 4.335326773
2942-3941 23.12984109

However, the total represents probably the sum of %. How could I show some
average % on target for the range and not the sum %.

Thanks

"Dominic" wrote:

Alex,

I think you could use a pivot table for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Alex,

At the upper left-hand corner of the pivot table you should see a field
button that says something like "Sum of _Name of Percentage Field_".

Right click on this button. Select "Field Settings". In the "Summarize By"
box select Average and click OK.

Does that work?

"Dominic" wrote:

Alex,

I think you could use a pivot table for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dominic

Great!

Glad it worked out. Thanks for letting me know.