Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
shfigato

Default Dollar weighted rate of return with random cash flows

hello,
I am having trouble coming up with a formula that will allow me to calculate
the IRR with several random contributions and two random withdrawals. I have
month end values for the time periods from 9-30-1997 through 12-31-05. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

You want the XIRR function. It was built exactly for your situation. XIRR is
part of the Analysis Toolpak which is loaded via ToolsAddins.

Fred