Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vaderj

Default date that a row is modified

Here is the scenario:

I have a tracking worksheet in which multiple people update locations
and inspection dates for equiptment, and I have spent litterally 1/2 of
the day today trying to figure how to have a cell that will simply
through the current date of when anywhere on that row is updated. the
most i was able to find was an =if statement that utilized the 'call'
function, which is defunct in all versions past '97. I spent a couple
hours putzin around with differant IF statements useing the TODAY()
function, but all it did was update the day on all of the cells as soon
as the worksheet was opened
I have been ripping out what little hair i have left all day over this
stupid thing!

Thanks

Josh

--
vaderj
vaderj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33801

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

You need to use VBA code. In the sheet module (right-click the
tab and choose View Code), use something like the following:

If Target.Column = 1 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.EntireRow.Cells(1, "B").Value = Now
Application.EnableEvents = True

This will put in column B the date and time that the
corresponding cell in column A is changed.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"vaderj"

[...]