Bodene

Default Displaying the date a workbook was modified

How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a
worksheet?

--
Bodene
Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24924

Matt Lunn

This code should log the save date and time to cell A1 of the active sheet
in the book.

Range("A1").ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperti es(12).Value

How and where you use the code depends if you need the refreshing of the
data to be automatic or manual.

HTH
Matt

"Bodene" wrote:

How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a
worksheet?

--
Bodene
Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24924
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384824

Matt Lunn

The following should work. In this case it logs the information to cell A1 of
sheet 1 in the active workbook.

ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range("A1") =
ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12).Value

Note that the document should have been already saved once or an error will
arise since the value will be empty.

HTH
Matt

"Bodene" wrote:

How doe I insert the date on which the workbook was last saved into a
worksheet?

--
Bodene
Bodene's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24924
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384824

Bodene

Thank you for these answers - but what I was looking for was a function
similar to one I used to use on Lotus 123 -
@info("last-revision-date"). Is there anything similar in Excel?