Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
vaderj

Default date that a row is modified

Here is the scenario:

I have a tracking worksheet in which multiple people update locations
and inspection dates for equiptment, and I have spent litterally 1/2 of
the day today trying to figure how to have a cell that will simply
through the current date of when anywhere on that row is updated. the
most i was able to find was an =if statement that utilized the 'call'
function, which is defunct in all versions past '97. I spent a couple
hours putzin around with differant IF statements useing the TODAY()
function, but all it did was update the day on all of the cells as soon
as the worksheet was opened
I have been ripping out what little hair i have left all day over this
stupid thing!

Thanks

Josh

--