Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Craig

Default Can't access excel files from worksheet

I can get to my files through documents/excel, but if I just open excel and
then try and find a file by opening the file folder, excel ends up not
responding!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin

Update problem I think

See

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Craig" wrote in message ...
I can get to my files through documents/excel, but if I just open excel and
then try and find a file by opening the file folder, excel ends up not
responding!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Maybe...

Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security
update MS06-015

Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround
http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742

There's a link to Kelly's Korner in that article:

Scroll down to near the bottom of the list--find #383.

On the righthand side is:
HP's Share-to-Web Software - Fix More info: (MS06-015)

It's a link to a .vbs (scripting file) that updates the registry to fix the
problem if it was caused by the HP software.

--

Dave Peterson