Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nowfal

Default protection option

Hi,
I am using office 2003 in my home computer and office 98 in office,
i would like to know, is there any add-in for 98 i can use for
protection selection just like in 2003. which is very useful.
thanks and regards
nowfal

--
nowfal
nowfal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

The granular level of protecting the worksheet (allowing the user to edit
ranges) was added with xl2002.

Before xl2002, you could write macros that would do what you want.

Usually, the code would unprotect the worksheet, do the specific changes, then
reprotect the worksheet.

nowfal wrote:

Hi,
I am using office 2003 in my home computer and office 98 in office,
i would like to know, is there any add-in for 98 i can use for
protection selection just like in 2003. which is very useful.
thanks and regards
nowfal

--
nowfal
nowfal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10003
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=533377

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nowfal

Hi dave,
is there any further information, where do i get those
macros.any eralier threads ?
thanks
nowfal

--
nowfal
nowfal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10003
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=533377

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Millions of threads out there!

The bad news is that most people ask specific questions requiring specific
answers. I'd be pretty surprised if you could find the ones you wanted in
google--but you'll find lots of close ones.

Once you see a few, you'll see what you want to do--but until then, I would
decide on my first project (delete the selected row???), then record a macro
when you unprotected the worksheet, deleted that row, then reprotected the
worksheet.

Then you'll see what needs to be done. After a bit of playing around, you'll be
able to add restraints to your code--only certain rows can be deleted
(maybe???).

And you'll want to give the user a way to run your code.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)